- What is another word for hiding?
- What is a secret hidden word?
- What is the root word of hiding?
- How can you tell if someone is hiding something?
- What is the opposite of hidden?
- What does it mean to hide someone?
- What is the hidden word?
- What is the root word for mysterious?
- What is another word for a mysterious person?
- What does mistery mean?
- Who is a mysterious person?
- Where have you been hiding meaning?
- What’s another word for hidden message?
- What do you call someone who hides a criminal?
What is another word for hiding?
Frequently Asked Questions About hide Some common synonyms of hide are bury, conceal, screen, and secrete.
While all these words mean “to withhold or withdraw from sight,” hide may or may not suggest intent..
What is a secret hidden word?
Words related to secret secluded, covert, classified, undisclosed, private, undercover, mysterious, unknown, underground, furtive, hush-hush, obscure, unpublished, confidential, secretive, surreptitious, restricted, mystery, code, key.
What is the root word of hiding?
Old English hydan (transitive and intransitive) “to hide, conceal; preserve; hide oneself; bury a corpse,” from West Germanic *hudjan (source also of Middle Dutch, Middle Low German huden), from suffixed form of PIE *keudh- (source also of Greek keuthein “to hide, conceal”), from root *(s)keu- “to cover, conceal.”
How can you tell if someone is hiding something?
Here are 11 telltale signs that your friend is hiding something from you:You Have A Gut Feeling. … You Hear Gossip. … Your Other Friends All Feel The Same Way. … They React Strongly To Things That Aren’t A Big Deal. … They Get Unusually Quiet About Certain Topics. … They Avoid Seeing You. … They Don’t Make Eye Contact.More items…•
What is the opposite of hidden?
Antonyms: visible, seeable, unconcealed. Synonyms: obscure, out of sight, secret, concealed.
What does it mean to hide someone?
1. To physically conceal someone or something so as to avoid detection by someone or something else. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between “hide” and “from.” You need to hide these cookies from the kids if you plan to have any left for the bake sale tomorrow. Luckily, my bodyguard hid me from the attackers.
What is the hidden word?
To find the hidden words, you’ll need to look inside sentences. In each of the following sentences a FOUR letter word is hidden between two words. The two words will always be next to each other. … In the sentence below a FOUR letter word is hidden between two words. The two words are next to each other.
What is the root word for mysterious?
The noun mystery comes from the Greek mysterion, meaning “secret rite or doctrine.” A great synonym for secret is enigma. …
What is another word for a mysterious person?
1 secret, esoteric, occult, cryptic. 3 unfathomable, unintelligible, incomprehensible, enigmatic, impenetrable.
What does mistery mean?
Filters Archaic form of mysteryFilters. Archaic form of mystery. ( a trade)
Who is a mysterious person?
► see thesaurus at strange2 a mysterious person is someone who you know very little about and who seems strange or interesting SYN enigmatic I decided to find out more about my mysterious new neighbour.
Where have you been hiding meaning?
Where have you been or what have you been up to since I last saw you? Used to imply that it has been a long time since one saw the other person.
What’s another word for hidden message?
What is another word for secret message?cipherUScodeencryptionsymbolssecret writingcoded messagehieroglyphicskeysecret languageenigma5 more rows
What do you call someone who hides a criminal?
accessory. noun. legal someone who helps a criminal, for example by hiding them from the police.