This vegetarian cauliflower and egg curry is a healthy, easy weeknight vegetarian dish that can be whipped up within half an hour. Also good for when you have guests, since you won’t need to spend all of your time in the kitchen.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder*
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 1,5 cup coconut milk
- salt & pepper
- a bunch of chives (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower in small florets. Boil until al dente**. Cook the rice according to the time indicated on the packet. Boil the eggs until they are medium to hard-boiled, about 6-8 minutes.
- While the cauliflower, rice and eggs are boiling, dice the onion.
- In a large non-stick saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion until fragrant over medium-low heat. Add the curry powder and stir for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk. Let simmer on low heat.
- Drain the cauliflower and rice when the cooking time is up. Once the eggs are boiled, put them in a bowl under running cold water for a minute.
- Add the cauliflower to the sauce. Stir, still on low heat.
- Peel the eggs and slice or quarter them. Add to the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: use a pair of scissors to cut up a bunch of chives above the pan.
- Stir one last time and serve with the rice.
* I use a store-bought mix. Of course you can make your own curry powder. 🙂
** You don't want to overcook the cauliflower, so cook according to the size of your florets. The smaller you make them, the shorter the cooking time.